Yesterday Jack completed the Severn Bridge Half Marathon on behalf of CLIC Sargent. Over the years Jack has run several half marathons to raise money for charities such as Action for Children, Barnardo’s, Blesma, The Julian Trust and Great Western Air Ambulance Charity, but this was probably the hottest conditions Jack has had to run in.
After reaching the finish line and collecting his medal, Jack's focus was on running the Great Bristol Half Marathon in three weeks time and keeping up his fundraising efforts.
CLIC Sargent are looking to build on the work they already do and have set the following aims to achieve by 2025:
- Deliver the right support for everyone – at diagnosis, during treatment and after treatment has ended
- Provide more support for those who are bereaved because of childhood cancer
- Open more CLIC Sargent Homes from Home , close to specialist hospitals
- Spread the best practice they’ve established in nursing
- Offer easily available financial support and welfare advice
- Increase income, in partnership with their supporters
To achieve this, they will need an increase in their funding and Jack would like to play a small part in helping them achieve their targets.
If you would like to support CLIC Sargent then please donate to Jack's JustGiving page: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Jack-Lopresti-MP