1. Promoting Local Aerospace and Defence Jobs
- Promoting apprenticeships in aerospace and defence manufacturing to expand opportunities for young people.
- Protecting jobs working with national government support for these vital industries.
- Continue to press the government to increase defence spending.
2. Building More Homes
- Working to ensure people have sufficient access to housing by supporting home building.
- Working to ensure all new developments have sufficient numbers of social homes.
- When building new communities, it is vital that necessary infrastructure is thee to support them.
3. Investing in Education and Schools
- Working with locals and national government to deliver more investment in schools.
- Working with local authorities to deliver new schools in Patchway and Winterbourne.
- Promoting apprenticeships and vocational training to provide fantastic opportunities and social mobility.
4. Improving Access to Health Services
- We are delivering the biggest catch-up programme in NHS history.
- Over the next 3 years we shall invest another £36 billion in funding for health and social care delivering around 9 million more checks scans and procedures.
- Working with local GPs to expand provisional capacity.
5. Improving Transport Connectivity
- Delivering the new railway station at Filton.
- Investing in active travel measures and reducing congestion.
- The M49 must be completed, this will help unlock thousands of jobs and reduce pollution in the surrounding villages of Pilning and Easter Compton.
6. Supporting Police in Enforcing Law and Order
- Zero-tolerance to crime - keeping our communities safe.
- Investing in more police officers and additional police officers on the streets.
- Working with Police to promote crime prevention and tackle anti-social behaviour in local policing